How the guestbook works
- To prevent robots from spamming, there's a safeguard: a post is only saved if you click an image at the spot specified by a text above it. No extreme accuracy is needed - you only need to hit left, middle or right third of the image in the horizontal direction, vertical direction is not checked at all. If you miss, your unsaved post stays displayed in the form and you get another chance.
- Second line of defense against robots and trolls is a daily post count limit: five per day from each IP address. Misclicks in the test image also count. Counter resets every night, so if you run into the limit, just wait till tomorrow.
- Main text field accepts anything including HTML tags (<blahblah>) and special characters (,;/"\'-& etc.). The guestbook script makes sure browsers display it exactly as it was written. So HTML tags won't work, they will be displayed literally.
- Multiple consecutive spaces display as only one space, as is usual in HTML. Text indentation is therefore not possible, you'd better leave an empty line.
- Long lines are automatically wrapped to the browser window width. For manual line break, press Enter (don't write <br>).
This help opens in new window. Close it to return to the guestbook.