- 9th September 2019: pictures from recumbent meeting and other trips, some new material for the collection of examples not to follow, and report of another train.
- 19th July 2019: report from another race and a brief overview of Shimano's 8-speed hub added.
- 28th June 2019: added a report from K24 marathon, a long-forgotten translation of the same event from two years back, and an uncertain amount of small updates and fixes.
- 20th December 2018: just after I repaired a fatigue crack on my foldy, a car hit me and I had more stuff to fix. It seems that perfect visibility is like speed of light: you can get very close, but you never reach hundred percent :-).
All the best for the new year!
- 1st November 2018: added a report from CargobikeFest and some updates to article about gears.
- 9th October 2018: a spinning beacon is born.
- 24th September 2018: added a report from a recent recumbent meeting.
- 20th August 2018: another breakdown of X-RK8 hub reported. I'm definitely labeling it "unrecommendable".
- 12th July 2018: added a report from another 24-hour race and updated description of the bike I took part with.
- 28th June 2018: preparing for a trip with my recumbent, I measured and took pictures of some trains to find out where it would fit.
- 8th May 2018: yet another funny story for my accident log. Beware of sun in your back!
- 26th March 2018: another year of trip reports has begun.
- 18th December 2017: an article about bicycle geometry was added to the Theory section.
- 27th November 2017: ...and one more about its lights. Another article is a review of a smog mask I've been using for about two years. And because the volume of the tech section has grown beyond navigable limits, I split it to reviews of commercial parts and creations from my workshop (only the entry pages are affected, article URLs don't change).
- 14th November 2017: I recently finished my second 'bent. Two more articles are about its dynamo and gear hub.
- 23rd August 2017: another catastrophic reports about the 8-speed hub, but not from me this time.
- 14th June 2017: few days ago, a cast iron lockwasher on my rear axle failed. That can be quite dangerous, so it's worth a more detailed report.
- 18th May 2017: some pictures and notes from recumbent championship were added.
- 3rd April 2017: this time we test a proper dynamo instead of RC motors. There's also a brief review of a two-speed hub and a report from a 200 km brevet.
- 21st February 2017: can a brushless motor for RC aircraft be used as a generator? It can't, but I had to try :-).
- 26th January 2017: we got a simple battery light set for Christmas.
After three years of being online, the website has picked up quite a traffic, so I should probably keep writing it :-). Thanks for all your comments and suggestions!
- 24th November 2016: recently, samples of all three tyre valves and a camera met in my hands, so I added some illustrations.
- 22nd November 2016: some delayed pictures from an event in July
- 1st November 2016: I measured one old dynamo. A spreadsheet version of spoke length calculator was added to the spokes page.
- 16th August 2016: the chronicle extended to June.
- 6th June 2016: I finally caught up with the tide of history and mapped the events since last autumn till today. Brief overviews of locks and speedometers were added.
- 3rd March 2016: the translation is complete. Criticism, suggestions, spelling corrections etc. are always welcome :-).
- 14th December 2015: I've started translation to English. Articles about internal gear hubs went first, now I'm working on the rest. Please excuse all the "404 not found" errors you may run into, I'm too
lazy busy at the moment to seal everything up with proper temporary placeholders.
- 30th December 2013: official start of this site. Criticisms and suggestions welcome!